Sunday, December 19, 2010

Holiday fun

Now that finals are out of the way, I'm thoroughly enjoying being home with my family and getting ready for the holidays. I've been eating out a lot with friends and family: my first night home, I went out to my favorite sushi restaurant with my girlfriends, and last night, I had dinner at a small Italian restaurant that has been a meeting place with my extended family for as long as I can remember. I haven't been doing as much cooking as I'd like, but I'm going grocery shopping today so hopefully that will change.

I've also been enjoying holiday favorites, and really appreciating the culture and tradition associated with the holiday season (with the exception of meat). My dad had a holiday office party at his house with tons of holiday food, like a huge ham (which I didn't take part in) and that jello-pretzel dessert (I can't think of what it's actually called!). At the Householder's, where I consider myself a part of the family, Laurie has been preparing all of her usual holiday favorites like pecan tassies and thumbprints, and we're going to have a pie-baking day later this week.

I'm still waiting to get my laptop fixed, which will make posting much easier, and I will be able to continue by daily log. Things are just too busy and hectic around the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment