Saturday, December 11, 2010

Internet troubles and busy finals

Since my laptop is no longer able to connect to the internet, it's been difficult to keep up with my blog entries - especially during busy finals. I can't remember everything I ate for the last 3 days, but I've had some wonderful meals with my friends. Wednesday night I had eggplant parmesan at Stacini's - it was so delicious and I can't wait to go back there. This dinner was a celebration of the semester's successes at the Fresh from the Vines Bakery. Thursday night, my housemates cooked dinner together in honor of Amelia's birthday. These are the evenings and meals I missed most during my project, and it was so much fun to celebrate together. We had delicious garlic bread with herb dipping oil, and penne pasta with garlic, veggies, and cheese.

Yesterday, Nick and I went to the artist cup for lunch, where I got swiss tomato mushroom soup and roasted pepper grilled cheese with olive tapenade, and a cinnamon latte. It's so nice to go out on dates again! We also went to dinner at Julian's with some of our friends.

It's very convenient to be able to eat out again since I've been spending so much time the last few days studying and writing papers. It's also nice to share meals with people I care about. I plan on doing lots of cooking when things slow down though, and I'm hoping to make a trip to the co-op today or tomorrow to get some more supplies. I'm especially excited to make some local and organic holiday meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment