Wednesday, December 8, 2010

More discoveries

I've continued to discover new things as I've introduced more "conventional" foods into my diet. First, I realized when working out that my sweat is incredibly salty - like it absolutely blows my mind how salty it is. I'm thinking that I must have been very sodium depleted to the point where my sweat was virtually just water, and now it is getting back to normal. I've also felt a little "bloated" - not necessarily in my stomach, just kind of all over. I feel this also has to do with sodium. Sodium is important to holding water in the body. I think that especially toward the end of November, water was going straight through me, and I had to drink loads of water to stay hydrated. I think that it's now starting to be held in my body again (as it should), but it feels noticeably different to me.

It's been so interesting to discover these things as my body continues to adapt to a broader diet. Though I'm still committed to local and organic foods, I can see now that I would not have been able to continue my project for much longer without including sodium into my criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment