Monday, October 11, 2010

Health Report

On Monday Oct. 4 I went to the doctor for an annual appointment. I didn't get an extensive exam, but enough to offer an accurate report of my current physical health.

I weighed less than last year, which can be attributed to factors besides my local diet alone. First, I started working out much more in the past year than I had previously, training for the Pittsburgh half-marathon and teaching exercise classes. An increase in my physical activity coupled with a healthier diet have contributed to my weight loss, which is still minimal. What is important is that I am at an optimally healthy weight for my height, and about that I'm very pleased.

I was a bit worried about my blood pressure since my sodium intake changed so abruptly as a result of my project. I was thrilled to learn that my blood pressure is low but still healthy and normal (I can't remember the exact number!). This goes to show that it is not necessary to eat added salts to maintain an optimally healthy blood pressure, which will be important to the final health analysis of my project.

I talked with my doctor about a variety of different things, and told her all about what I'm doing. She was interested and pleased with my undertaking, and supported my conclusion that my diet is very healthy. Overall I have only good news to report from the doctor's office!

No comments:

Post a Comment