Monday, October 4, 2010

Recent travels

Today I had to go home for a doctor's appt in Pittsburgh. Afterwards I met my mom in Wexford, and we journeyed to several farmers markets. Our first stop was at Frankferd Farms, where I purchased small bags of cornmeal and soft winter wheat to keep at home and use over breaks. We stopped next at a small farmers market run out of a family farm's home. Much of their produce wasn't organic, but I was still able to get some local honey, chestnuts, and some small pie pumpkins, all of which I can keep at home and also use over breaks. The next farmers market we stopped at wasn't organic either, and I couldn't find any hidden gems there.

It was fun to travel to different markets. I'm trying to continue stocking up for November - I canned 6 pints of tomatoes yesterday. My next goal is to take an overall "inventory" of everything I have saved up, so I can properly gauge my progress and determine how much more I might need to preserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment