Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bittersweet

Tonight is the last night of my "official" project. In September, as I sweated and cried over my canned goods and cooking experiments, I thought this day would never come. Now I'm feeling a little indifferent about the coming of December. When I first began, this project was incredibly difficult - I had to adapt to a completely different lifestyle, but I was still highly inspired at the beginning. I hit a plateau in October, as I had adjusted to my new diet, and was reasonably enthused about my project. As time progressed, this lifestyle has become engrained - it's completely natural to me now. I'm excited to go out to eat again and to have more variety (and less time spent cooking and preparing food), but I'm still a little sad - these 3 months have absolutely flown by! I need to keep in mind that tomorrow only has to be as much of a change as I want it to be, and I intend to continue most of the elements of my project.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to Pittsburgh Bagel with my housemates, and I plan on getting an asiago cheese bagel and a coffee (and I'm very excited!). I plan on continuing my blog indefinitely, as I continue to experience food's connection to so many factors of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment