Thursday, September 2, 2010

Creative Cooking and Butter-making

Tonight I made ratatouille for dinner using eggplant, summer squash, garlic, onion, green peppers, spicy peppers, zucchini, and tomatoes. I sauteed everything in water since I had no oil or butter at this point, and let it all simmer together for a long time. It was delicious, though some salt and pepper would really have given it some extra zing. I took a picture to share:


I also experimented tonight in butter making. I removed the cream from my raw milk and let it sit out for a while to warm. Then I just put it in my blender on low and watched for the butter to form. I spooned out the butter and removed as much of the buttermilk as I could to save it for baking. Here are some pictures of my butter!

I'm eager to get my digital camera from Pittsburgh (hopefully this weekend) so my pictures will be of a higher quality. Can't wait to use my butter tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment