Thursday, September 9, 2010

Food Log 9/9/10

Breakfast: apple
Lunch: cornbread, grapes
Dinner: salad - spring mix lettuce, tomatoes, and green peppers; poached eggs, and leftover potatoes, onions, chard, and parsley


Snacks: heated cornbread and maple syrup with maple ice cream (this ended up turning into cornbread-maple-ice cream soup, but was nevertheless yummy!)


I experimented making ice cream tonight! My sweet tooth was aching and I needed a sugar fix. It was really easy - I blended ice, raw milk, and maple syrup until it was an ice cream consistency, and I put it in jars in the freezer. I got 2 pints worth so I'm hoping it will last a while, and I can dig into it on nights like tonight. Either way I feel really good about this, because it's so easy and quick to make, and sooo delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment