Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Yogurt and spelt updates

This morning I mixed up my yogurt after letting it sit in the oven all night. It was yogurt, but very watery, and I was hoping it would harden up in the fridge because you're supposed to cool it for 8 hours. I left it in the fridge all day and it was thicker tonight but still very milky. I think the oven didn't keep it warm enough throughout the night, I should have left it on warm for the entire duration instead of turning it off when I went to sleep. I'm a little disappointed since I used so much milk and it was so time consuming, but it still tastes good and I'll use it all up for sure.

I also tried to make granola bars with my ground up flaky spelt today. I toasted my spelt with some blueberries in the oven, and heated honey and butter on the stovetop. I blended it all together, flattened it in a dish and baked it. It came out pretty nicely, it will definitely make a nice granola substitute, but I used more honey mixture for the amount of spelt I toasted, so they aren't as hard as I'd like them to be.

Though I'm not completely satisfied with my creations today, they are the first of many efforts that I'll have, and allow room for improvement. Here's a picture of the yogurt-spelt-granola dessert I had after my chili:

No comments:

Post a Comment