Sunday, September 12, 2010

Food Log 9/12/10

Brunch: leftover smoothie, apple, carrot, grape tomatoes
Dinner: cornbread hot from the oven, omelette - buffalo burger patty, green onion, eggs
Snacks: maple syrup candy and ice cream, peach, cornbread

I was hoping to can my gigantic bag of tomatoes, peaches and pears tonight, but never got a chance, so that is definitely one of my goals for tomorrow. I also have a large melon I want to get chopped into the fridge, and bags of peppers and onions to freeze. Tomorrow will be very busy!

I'm also excited because of some recipes I found today. One day this week I'd like to try to make vegetable soup (I don't have all the ingredients to make any soup from an exact recipe, so I'll be experimenting with my own ingredients). I found a recipe for pumpkin soup that I have all the ingredients for, and it sounds like it will make for some delicious autumn dinners. Finally, I found instructions on making honey taffy, which may be beyond my expertise, but I'm still going to give it a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment