Thursday, September 23, 2010

Spelt Serendipity

Today Rebecca went to Eli Yoder's amish farm near Cambridge Springs to re-stock her egg supply. While she was there she spoke with him about his grains. He unfortunately didn't have any hulled oats, which was what I was realllyyyy hoping to find, but he did have another hidden gem - spelt! Rebecca bought be a large bag for only $1. When she brought it back to her house, I used 2 of her grinders, one to make spelt flour, and the other to make crushed spelt so that it was more the texture of oatmeal. I am eager to try out my new commodity - I plan on using it as cereal, and my first recipe I'd like to invent is "apple-maple-speltmeal." I can't wait to experiment with it this weekend, and I'm eternally grateful for all of Rebecca's kindness and generosity!


No comments:

Post a Comment