Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday at the Market House

The Market House was booming with activity this morning. Today is a big day in the world of Allegheny Greek life, and I was busy with Run Out festivities. After picking up our new kkg's, it struck me that I was missing out on prime time at the Farmer's market. I hurried to my car to get downtown; all I could think was "they'll be out of raspberries before I get there!". Though I didn't find more raspberries that met my project standards, I did get a lot of other goodies that I'm excited about. I got lots more grapes and peppers to freeze, as well as carrots and sweet potatoes. I also got alot more peaches, so I'll be busy tonight canning my peaches and giant bag of tomatoes that have been waiting for me throughout this hectic week. One of my favorite finds today at the Market House was "Pure Maple Candy," which is simply crystallized maple syrup. After speaking with an employee to determine their origin, I bought several bags. I probably could have made these delicious treats myself, but it was psychologically satisfying to have a little bag of candies, especially shaped as hearts, acorns, and leaves. I'll definitely be back to buy more when I run out, and will use these as a little sweet fix whenever I might be feeling blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment