Saturday, September 11, 2010

Restoration Herbs

Yesterday afternoon, I visited Restoration Herbs farm in Franklin. Their primary work involves homeopathic/holistic herbal medicine, but they sell herbs and teas as well. I toured their lovely garden and learned about herbs, which was very helpful because I don't know a lot about them. I told Leslie, the herbologist, about my project, and asked for something that might support my immune system, since germs tend to spread so rapidly on college campuses. I purchased Citrus Exotica tea from her, which she says supports a healthy immune system, and all of the ingredients are organically grown on her farm. I also got rosemary, sage, thyme, lemon thyme, and peppermint from her. My favorite purchase, however, was for stevia, an herb that is supposedly 300 times sweeter than sugar. These little leaves will be great to sweeten teas, and I can make stevia ice cubes as well, by letting them steep in boiling water and then freezing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment